The ABDC is pleased to announce the completion of an interim review of the ABDC Journal Quality List. This review, aided by public submissions and a public consultation period, as well as qualitative and quantitative data, produced a Final Review Outcomes' Report.
Until 17 August eligible parties were able to provide feedback on serious anomalies or errors in the proposed revisions as included in the review outcomes report. This exposure period was not a forum for debating decisions. The expert panel are currently reviewing feedback received and a final revised list is anticipated to be released 6 September. Dispute of journal ratings on grounds already reviewed by the expert panel will not be considered. View all submissions.
The Interim Review Focus
It is anticipated the next major full review of the ABDC Journal Quality List will be in 2017-18 and is likely to follow a similar process to the 2013 review with newly selected panels. This interim review however had a very narrow focus built around four tightly defined scenarios:
The Review Panel
The ABDC would like to thank the overall Review Chair, Professor Robert Faff and the individual FOR Reviewers (as listed below) and members for their significant input, time and contribution to this review.
• 0806 Information Systems – Professor Julie Fisher (Monash)
• 1401-1499 Economics – Professor Ian King (UQ)
• 1501 Accounting – Professor Ken Trotman (UNSW)
• 1502 Finance – Professor Robert Faff (UQ)
• 1503 Management and 1599 – Professor Ingrid Nielsen (Deakin)
• 1504-07 Marketing/Tourism/Logistics – Professor Geoff Soutar (UWA)
• 180105/180125 Business and Taxation Law – Professor Kerrie Sadiq (QUT)
PLEASE DO NOT contact any of the panel members directly or indirectly, since ALL queries MUST be handled centrally through ABDC to ensure consistency and correctness in the advice given; and that such advice is conveyed in a timely fashion. Your compliance in this regard is greatly appreciated.