ABDC releases new Journal Quality List
Tue, 06 Sep 2016
ABDC is pleased to release the online ABDC Journal Quality List 2016. This 2016 interim review, aided by public submissions, public consultation feedback, as well as qualitative and quantitative data, has produced a Final Review Outcomes' Report.
The interim review focused on four tightly defined scenarios:
- Inclusion of new business-relevant journals – journals newly created since 1 January 2011;
- Removal of very low quality journals – e.g. deemed to be “predatory open access” journals;
- Switching FoR assignment of a journal; or
- Correction of factual errors in the ABDC database – e.g. incorrect journal title, incorrect web address.
ABDC would like to thank the overall Review Chair and the following individual FOR Reviewers for their significant input, time and contribution to this review
- Overall Chair: Robert Faff - University of Queensland
- 0806 Information Systems: Julie Fisher - Monash University
- 1401-1499 Economics: Ian King - University of Queensland
- 1501 Accounting: Ken Trotman - University of NSW
- 1502 Finance: Robert Faff - University of Queensland
- 1503 Management: Ingrid Nielsen - Deakin University
- 1504-07 Marketing Tourism Logistics: Geoff Soutar - University of Western Australia
- 1599 Other Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services: Ingrid Nielsen - Deakin University
- 180105/180125 Business and Taxation Law: Kerrie Sadiq - Queensland University of Technology
It is anticipated that the next major full review of the ABDC Journal Quality List will be in the second half of 2017.
See here for more information on review process and link below for our new journal quality list.